»

Monday, January 14, 2013

Product Review: Benefit's Hervana Blush

This is my favorite blush so far out of the many that I own. Although I love makeup in general, hoarding blushes is probably my guilty pleasure =)

Today, I will be reviewing the Hervana blush from Benefit, my favorite brand!


I've wanted it ever since it came out at work. [I used to work at ULTA]
Then, lucky me, I got to pick some gratis and there it was, free to take!
[I should have taken 2!]

Benefit's packaging never fails. Cute as ever.

Price: $28 at ULTA & Sephora. Expensive in my opinion, but worth every penny.

Packaging - 5 stars.
A lot of people complain about the box and how it's not compact, but I never take this blush out of my house  so I think the packaging is cute. Swirling my brush around it is fun and prevents the dust from flying everywhere.

Color - 4 stars.
It is a light princessy pink that really complimented my skintone. It will make you look dolly, especially if you put a lot on. Swipe a few layers of it on for a natural flush! I gave it 4 stars because it takes a while to build to the shade you want.


Without flash. 
As you can see, it's very very light. I had to put a few layers on just for it to show on camera.


With flash.


With 1 layer on.


This picture was taken last spring. Usually the blush won't show in pictures so this is the only one I could find =(

I try to rotate between my blushes, but I find myself reaching for this one the most because it goes well with almost every look!


Look how much I've used up! Need to stock up!!!

Lasting power - 3 stars.
Since it's so light, it does fade throughout the day, HOWEVER, it does last for a quite a few hours before it does. If you're going to work for 4-5 hours, it'll be there when you get off. Any longer and you will have to reapply.

BONUS: Not sure about the other Benefit blushes but this one smells SOOOOO DIVINE. Had it for about a year now and it still smells amazing every time I go to apply it!

I recommend this blush to girls with fair to olive skin. Unfortunately, it does not suit darker skin tones =(

Also, even though I use this almost every day, you can see that it'll still be a while before I run out. That's why I say it's worth the steep price of $28. I love Hervana!





Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review.

1 comments:

thepigs

the color looks gorgeous but i'm probably too dark D: *sigh* at yellow toned asian skin. i love your blog and i hope you can check mine out too ^_^

http://19th-tealeaf.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Please leave any feedback, comments, or suggestions! All is appreciated! Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...